Saturday 18 June 2011

Saturday Recipes - Asparagus Dishes!

Today I dream of trying all those deliciously looking asparagus recipes.

Last week my friend Pete cooked a beautiful meal of sea-bass, roasted new potatoes and asparagus - thanks Pete :)

That's how I realized about how much I like asparagus and that it has been ages since I'd last ate them! So I did a little research and found these fantastic and simple recipes. Just remember not to buy asparagus from the supermarket, they taste sooooo much better fresh from the market!
  
Crispy Parmesan Asparagus Sticks

This is a great alternative to crisps (or chips) - a perfect, simple and healthy snack. They're crispy and cheesy, what more can you wish for? Click for the recipe!

Photo from Howsweeteats.com

Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Lemon Pasta


Sounds like a perfect combination! There's only six ingredients in this dish and it will only take you 15 minutes to make. Perfect summer dinner! You'll find the recipe here!


Asparagus Pizza

Italian cuisine is my favourite so I definitely have to try this recipe - another one from the fantastic Smitten Kitchen this week. It looks delicious - like summer on a pizza :) Click for the recipe!


Asparagus with Chorizo and Croutons

A great summery meal that would be ready in minutes! It's so colourful and full of flavours, yummy! Here's the recipe!

Photos from Smittenkitchen.com



Parmesan Roasted Asparagus, Tomatoes and Eggs

This recipe is so simple, I could have it for lunch in the Summer every day :) Click for the recipe!

Photo from Tarteletteblog.com

Dijon Ham & Asparagus Roll-ups


Great option for a party! I've never tried the asparagus-mustard combination but I'm sure that I will - these look so delish. Get the recipe here!

Photo from Penniesonaplatter.com

Shaved Asparagus with Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette

This is the easiest way to serve asparagus, yet it's so delicious and full of flavour. Recipe from the wonderful Framed Cooks.


Asparagus and Ham Oven Frittata

I love comfort food so this is perfect for me! Click for the recipe!

Photos from Framed-mylifeonepictureatatime.blogspot.com

Asparagus Cake


Isn't this the prettiest cake ever?! Ok, it's not real asparagus but it looks wonderful so it counts :)

This recipe from Sweetapolita is so unique - I don't think I will be making this cake any time soon though :( It looks like hours of hard work in the kitchen and I'm not dexterous enough to make even one fondant asparagus spear!

Photos from Sweetapolita.com

Asparagusta! :)

2 comments:

  1. Adelina sweetie, this post is really amazing. I love colored food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super authentic preparation :) Keep posting Healthy Recipes like this !

    ReplyDelete