Wednesday 3 August 2011

A Cabin in a Loft

Today I dream about this super creative flat with a built-in cabin and a tree house.

Instead of separating the space in this two bedroom loft apartment in Brooklyn, the architect Terri Chiao decided to build a house within a house - how cool is that!? This way the whole apartment is filled with sun and the feeling of openness was maintained.

I like how the tree house is lifted above the floor which has created a space for study and storage below. The shared space contains a kitchen, living area and dining/work space.

The apartment still looks quite raw and unfinished to me but I think that the idea is really great! I'd definitely change few things - add some colour and change the furniture - but the flat is totally livable and so different to all the rest!

See the whole project here!

Photos from Asmallspace.com

Cabin fever! :)

1 comment:

  1. this is so cool! brings out my inner childhood dream of a treehouse :) xx

    ReplyDelete