Saturday 27 October 2012

Reiss Autumn/Winter 2012 Collection

Today I dream about the amazing Autumn/Winter 2012 collection by Reiss.

Reiss is a well-established British brand founded in 1971 by David Reiss and is known for dressing everyone from the Royal family to Hollywood stars.

The company's philosophy is all abut creating great quality, classic pieces and giving them contemporary updates to keep things fresh and modern.

The new collection is just a perfect example of that - classic pieces, simple cuts and clean lines but with added modern spirit. I just love the colours, from the deep aubergine, berry and burgundy tones to all shades of green like emerald and mint and moving on to salmon pink, mustard and midnight blue - what an amazing combination!

My favourite part of the collection is the coats and this season it's all about the volume. Cocoon coats and oversized silhouettes made a huge come-back this autumn which I'm very happy about as I'm a big fan of the voluminous look, especially in the cold winter.

To keep the minimalist aesthetic, all the details are kept very clean and simple. Looking at the coats, I can see the inspiration coming from Chloe, Jill Sander and Celine's A/W 2012 collections, which is great, especially when you compare the prices :)

I'm in love, what do you think?

Photos from Reiss.com

Reiss's pieces :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the coat from the 4th image is amazing, I love it, really nice shape.

    ReplyDelete